And since Kiefer has been born seems like Mylo has too.
We used to go to the dog park or swimming all the time. Plus walks did not feel like a chore before we had a baby but now its tough trying to do things with a "not well behaved" dog and baby in tow.
Today we had an eye opener. Mylo went for his vaccines and checkup. He's now 79lbs. He's gained about 8 lbs since last checkup. Not horrible but the Vet would like to see him back down around 70 or 72ish.
Mylo does still get walked 2x a day - thats more than a lot of dogs but he has been getting more table scraps...
Kiefer droppings (cracker crumbs or rice puffs), plus I did give him leftover rice last night. And we can't forget that whole chicken breast he ate - bones and all!
Do you think that might be adding to the weight situation??
So here is our plan:
NO people food at all!!
That means I have to watch Kiefer's food droppings, and stop forgetting food on the counter -Yes Mylo eats whats left out. (Bad dog)
Also watch the treats we are giving him. We haven't been giving him too many lately. I realized that the other day. We used to give him treats for everything. (Sitting, staying, and any other trick he can do)
Last but not least; More exercise. I need to go for longer walks, or play with Mylo in the backyard or find a way to take Mylo to the park.
I really don't like FAT LABS... and I don't want Mylo to turn into one.
No comments:
Post a Comment